Flowers Montessori Object Match - Miniature flowers with Matching Cards - 2 Part Cards. Montessori learning toy, Flora, Botanical
This Montessori learning activity focuses on matching the miniature flower replicas to their matching realistic photo cards. Children lay out the cards and place the miniature realistic flower on the matching picture. This activity is small enough to take with you and can be extended into pretend play with the mini flower figurines. Perfect for any budding gardener, florist, botanist or anyone with a green thumb.
Includes: Rose, tulip, hibiscus, bird of paradise, daffodil, sunflower, lotus, and an orchid.
What is Included:
- 8 miniature flowers. (1.25" to 3.75") Non-toxic and BPA free.
- 8 laminated cards professionally printed on 100# cardstock and laminated with 5 mil lamination. The cards are classroom tough. Cards are 2.6"x 2.5"
Matching Skill - Visual Discrimination:
This activity focuses on more advanced preschool matching. The objects are not an exact copy of the photo so children need to carefully observe details to match correctly. Children problem solve by looking at distinctive attributes that they can see on both the object and the photo. Usually, they will start by color and eliminate pictures that do not share the same color. They can also look at shapes, patterns, and details. They might ask themselves "what flower is pink?" or "which flower has multiple buds?". Most likely they will notice more than one pink flower and have to look at another attribute. Recognizing these little details helps a child grow their category knowledge and learn new vocabulary!
- The photo cards include names of the animals so you can extend the play with researching the species!
- This activity is small enough to take with you and can be extended into pretend play or sensory bins with the mini figurines.
- You can have the children sort and categorize the figurines by like traits on their own.
What they are learning while having fun:
- Matching objects to pictures encourages one-to-one correspondence (basic math skill) and visual discrimination.
- Observing and comparing small details to match correctly. Comparing involves identifying similarities and differences among objects
- Children can group the figures by similar traits - this is sorting and classifying!
- Children gain experience with one-dimensional print and learning to connect real objects to print.
Available Themes in other listings:
1. Safari Animals. Cheetah, Elephant, Gazelle, Giraffe, Gnu, Gorilla, Hippopotamus, Lion, Ostrich, Rhinoceros, Tiger, Zebra.
2. Sea Life - (14 Animals) - Crab, Lobster, Octopus, Penguin, Sea Lion, Starfish, Eel, Stingray, Jellyfish, Clam, Seal, Shark, Sea Turtle, and Dolphin.
3. Rainforest - Tapir, Lemur, Sloth, Tree Kangaroo, Sun Bear, Macaque Monkey, Zorilla, Kinkajou, Spotted Genet, Coati, Lynx and Koala.
4. Insects - 14 high quality/realistic miniature insects/bugs. (2"- 3" Long) Butterflies, grasshopper, centipede, spider, ant, fly, bee, grasshopper, praying mantis, scorpion, ladybug, caterpillar and fly.
5. Farm Animals - - 12 miniature realistic farm animals. (2"- 3" Long)
6. Pets - - 12 miniature realistic pet animals. (2"- 3" Long)
7. Dinosaurs - - 12 miniature realistic dinosaur figurines. (2"- 3" Long)
8. - Tropical Fish - 11 miniature tropical saltwater fish. (2"- 3" Long)
9. North American Animals - - 12 miniature realistic animals. (2"- 3" Long) Moose, river otter, bison, mountain lion, elk, grizzly bear, white wolf, raccoon, beaver, pronghorn buck, mountain goat and big horn ram.
10. Arctic Animals - 8 miniature realistic animals. (2"- 3" Long) Harp seal, arctic rabbit, beluga whale, walrus, polar bear, killer whale, caribou, arctic fox, husky
Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/buybusybags
Webpage at http://www.curiousmindsbusybags.com
Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/curiousmindsbag/
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.