Penguin Pattern Match Busy Bag - Cute Colorful Playful Penguins and Pattern Cards - Learning Toy, Toddler Toy, Learning Game, Educational
This busy bag has to be my boys favorite! They LOVE playing with the little colorful penguins even without the pattern cards. They line them up, stick them on the iceberg and "drive" to different places. Just simple pretend play with this one is fun, and they build up their hand strength and fine motor skills by placing the penguins on the pegs and pulling them off again. Perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, those with special needs and occupational therapists!
How to Play:
Draw a card and recreate the pattern using the 1.5" tall penguins on the iceberg stand. You can work on two patterns together if you opt for the set with both pattern cards.
What is included:
I have 3 different styles available that build on problem solving skills.
1. Penguins with EASY Patterns - This set includes one large (12"x1") iceberg and 10 colorful plastic penguins, one of each color. You also get 20 patterns. (10 double-sided cards professionally printed on 100# card stock and laminated with 5mil lamination - these cards are thick and will withstand classroom abuse) Cards are 8.5"x1.83". The easy card set has all the penguins facing the same direction.
2. Penguins with HARD Patterns - This set includes one large (12"x1") iceberg and 10 colorful plastic penguins, one of each color. You also get 20 patterns. (10 double-sided cards professionally printed on 100# card stock and laminated with 5mil lamination - these cards are thick and will withstand classroom abuse) Cards are 8.5"x1.83". The hard card set has the penguins facing in different directions. Each pattern can have penguins facing forward, backward, left or right.
3. Penguins with BOTH Patterns - This set includes TWO large (12"x1") icebergs and 20 colorful plastic penguins, TWO of each color. You also get 40 patterns. (20 EASY AND 20 HARD) (20 double-sided cards professionally printed on 100# card stock and laminated with 5mil lamination - these cards are thick and will withstand classroom abuse) Cards are 8.5"x1.83". The easy card set has all the penguins facing the same direction, the hard set has penguins facing in multiple positions. NOT ONLY DO YOU GET BOTH CARD SETS, BUT YOU ALSO GET TWO SETS OF PENGUINS AND 2 ICEBERGS. The true fun of this set is picking 2 cards and do 2 icebergs at the same time, one behind the other.
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination - Being able to line up and place the penguins on the pegs on the iceberg.
- Color recognition – Kids need to recognize the differences in the colors in order to place them correctly on the iceberg.
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the penguins. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several manipulatives so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
- Visual Discrimination - Visually discriminate the penguins in terms of color, position/direction and location on the pattern (position in space).
-Problem Solving – The penguins in the Hard pattern set are facing in multiple directions so kids need to move and rotate the penguins to match the patterns!
You have the option to upgrade to a zipper binder pouch. Pouch fits into a 3-ring binder to keep all your activities pages and magnets organized and together. Make your own busy book! All documents and supplies fit inside the zippered pouch.
Curious Minds Busy Bags is dedicated to developing original kid-friendly learning activities for children to explore while building essential skills needed for school success. Parents, early childhood teachers and occupational therapists trust my learning activities in their home, school or homeschool classrooms. They are classroom-quality educational toys that promote independent play that builds essential skills. My activities are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and beneficial for individual who have special needs that need to be developed such as those with autism, sensory processing or dementia. My learning games and sensory toys have been enjoyed by children in daycares, Montessori schools, and early intervention classrooms!
This busy bag is an original activity created by me. I kindly ask that you respect my creative design and refrain from copying my activities and posting them in your shop. Bloggers, you are welcome to write about or recreate my activities for personal use, but please link back to me. Thanks!
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.
Facebook – Follow me to see my new bags and sale items https://www.facebook.com/buybusybags
Instagram – See my bags in action on Instagram https://instagram.com/curiousmindsbusybags/
************ More information about busy bags ***************
HOW AND WHEN DO YOU USE BUSY BAGS?
-- My personal favorite way to use busy bags is to have a quick “in case of an emergency” distraction for mischievous toddlers. Any time my twin boys are getting a little reckless and needing a change of pace I pull out an activity for an immediate distraction from the behavior. Playing and learning with an activity is a lot more fun for both parents and children than being frustrated and disciplined. Let them focus on play instead of bad behavior and you can sit down and relax and watch their little minds at work!
-- Parents, do you need a little time to make a phone call without a toddler hanging on you? Do you need to cook dinner…..or feed the new baby? My learning activities keep children actively engaged in a healthy activity while you cook or do other tasks. My boys love to “play something at the table” while we cook. We get out their trays and an activity and they are happy!
-- Do you have a longer than expected wait while waiting at a restaurant or doctor’s office? Busy bags are portable and make a great quiet activity for when your toddlers are having a difficult time sitting still and being quiet. Parents often find these games perfect for quiet activities at church or out and about.
-- Do you need a quiet activity to engage your older child while your baby naps? Or perhaps you need a quiet activity for quiet time when your preschooler gives up naps? Parents also use busy bags to give to younger children while the parent is giving a lesson to the older home schooled child. -- Teachers use these activities in learning centers or for children who finish their work early and need a quiet activity.
-- Did your child’s early intervention teacher or occupational therapist recommend you work on certain skills with your child? My learning games are perfect therapy toys.
-- Are you unexpectedly stuck inside due to a snow day or rainy weather?
-- Are you traveling or vacationing? Many busy bags are perfect for on the go fun and travel to keep kids entertained in the car or airplane.
Busy bags make great birthday presents for your child or their friends. They are perfect for big brother or sister gifts or for those who are having a new baby with a toddler in the house.