WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- We are located in Michigan, USA
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN BUSINESS?
- Curious Minds Busy Bags LLC started in 2012.
WHAT ARE YOUR SHIPPING CHARGES?
- Shipping charges are automatically calculated by item weight and location. Many of our items are lightweight, but I do have several that are over a pound each. You can get a shipping quote by visiting your shopping cart and entering in your location. We ship from Michigan, so the closer you are to us the cheaper the shipping will be. West coast customers: please note that your shipping will be over double the cost of those in neighboring states.....sorry that is how the USPS works!
HOW ARE THE ACTIVITIES PACKAGED?
- Each activity is individually contained in a plastic zipper bag. You have the option to upgrade to a plastic or fabric binder pouch for most activities.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY ORDER?
- I usually ship within 3 days of when you placed your order. You will receive an email notification when your package ships which will include a tracking number. Packages over 13oz will ship via Priority Mail, 2-3 days. International buyers, I ship via United States Postal Service International First Class mail. Packages usually arrive in 2-2.5 weeks from shipment.
HOW DO YOU STORE BUSY BAGS?
- My personal favorite busy bag storage solution is an over the door shoe organizer. Each organizer has 24 deep pockets to hold smaller activities. I also store markers and other craft supplies in this as well. I have this one. Whitmor 6044-13-CTF White Crystal Collection Over-The-Door Shoe Organizer, Clear
- I store larger bags by subject categories in large bags and clip hangers. For example, I place all my language activities in one of these Ziploc Big Bag Double Zipper, Large, 5-Count then I clip the bag to one of these hangers Whitmor 6026-341 Natural Wood Collection Skirt Hangers Set of 5 and hang them in my coat closet for easy access!
- Yes, I ship worldwide. See the map below to see which countries have already enjoyed my busy bags.
HOW AND WHEN DO YOU USE BUSY BAGS?
-- My personal favorite way to use busy bags is to have a quick “in case of an emergency” distraction for mischievous toddlers. Any time my twin boys are getting a little reckless and needing a change of pace I pull out an activity for an immediate distraction from the behavior. Playing and learning with an activity is a lot more fun for both parents and children than being frustrated and disciplined. Let them focus on play instead of bad behavior and you can sit down and relax and watch their little minds at work!
-- Parents, do you need a little time to make a phone call without a toddler hanging on you? Do you need to cook dinner…..or feed the new baby? My learning activities keep children actively engaged in a healthy activity while you cook or do other tasks. My boys love to “play something at the table” while we cook. We get out their trays and an activity and they are happy!
-- Do you have a longer than expected wait while waiting at a restaurant or doctor’s office? Busy bags are portable and make a great quiet activity for when your toddlers are having a difficult time sitting still and being quiet. Parents often find these games perfect for quiet activities at church or out and about.
-- Do you need a quiet activity to engage your older child while your baby naps? Or perhaps you need a quiet activity for quiet time when your preschooler gives up naps? Parents also use busy bags to give to younger children while the parent is giving a lesson to the older home schooled child. -- Teachers use these activities in learning centers or for children who finish their work early and need a quiet activity.
-- Did your child’s early intervention teacher or occupational therapist recommend you work on certain skills with your child? My learning games are perfect therapy toys.
-- Are you unexpectedly stuck inside due to a snow day or rainy weather?
-- Are you traveling or vacationing? Many busy bags are perfect for on the go fun and travel to keep kids entertained in the car or airplane.
Busy bags make great birthday presents for your child or their friends. They are perfect for big brother or sister gifts or for those who are having a new baby with a toddler in the house.