PDF File - YOU PRINT - Dice Race - Number Recognition Busy Bag - Toddler and Preschool Learning Toy - Educational Activity
Please Note: - This is a downloadable file. File will be emailed to you after check out. You can then print and use at home or school. You will not get a copy in the mail.
This busy bag is a fun learning game to practice number recognition for toddlers and preschoolers. It is two games in one!
The first game is Dice Race. The object of the game is to pick a number and cheer it on to the finish line. Start each number die on the start line in the correct lane. Roll the spare die. Whichever number is rolled gets to move up one space. Continue until someone crosses the finish line! Which number will win the race?
The second game is last one standing. This side has an assortment of numbers. Roll a die and cover that number on the playing page. You can mark it off with a washable marker (laminated so you can reuse again and again) or with other small objects such as cereal or coins. Continue until their is only one number left. That number is the winner. Which number will be the last number standing?
What is included:
- A PDF file to print
- You will need 7 dice (6 for playing pieces and one to roll)
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Subitizing - instant recognition of a pattern such as the dots on a die = x number. Seeing a number without having to count.
- Hand/Eye coordination - Being able to move and place the dice or markers on the correct spot
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the dice Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several rolls so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
-Problem Solving – Guessing who will win and re-evaluating during the game.
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.