Busy Bag: Learn Letters and Numbers with Worms!
Learn letters and numbers with worms! This busy bag is a great way to learn/recognize the letters of the alphabet and the numbers. This bag is so fun and durable......who doesn't want to create letters and numbers with cute plastic worms?
First, cards are classroom quality cards, professionally printed on 100# card stock and laminated with 5mil lamination - they are tough and sturdy (and expensive to print :/). Second, the cards are large enough to build the letters on for younger children who are just starting out (older kids can build off the cards for a bigger challenge!)
The best part about these cards is that it shows directionality of writing by having the worms face in the direction you would move your pencil!
You can pick your package
1. Worms only - This is if you want to add on a second set of worms for extra kids. Each set comes with 24 plastic colorful cute worms.
2. Worms and number cards - You get the 24 worms and the numbers 1-10 to build on. This set has 5 durable 4.25"x5.5" laminated cards printed on both sides.
3. Worms and lowercase letters - You get the 24 worms and all the lowercase letters to build on. This set has 13 durable 4.25"x5.5" laminated cards printed on both sides.
4. Worms and uppercase letters - You get the 24 worms and all the uppercase letters to build on. This set has 13 durable 4.25"x5.5" laminated cards printed on both sides.
5. Worms with lowercase AND uppercase letters - You get the 24 worms and all the lowercase and uppercase letters to build on. This set has 26 durable 4.25"x5.5" laminated cards printed on both sides. (lowercase on one side, uppercase on the other, 1 card per letter)
6. Complete set - Worms with the 26 lowercase/uppercase card set AND the number cards.
You can add on the PDF DIGITAL DOWNLOAD color and size sorting pages to use with the worms. One side has an area to sort by color, and the other side is to sort by size (Worms come in 4 different sizes) Kids can measure the worm to put it in the correct spot or use the sample worm on the page as a guide. THIS WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU. YOU MUST PRINT
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination - Being able to line up the worms on the cards.
- Color recognition and visual discrimination – Kids need to recognize the differences in the colors to put the worms in the correct order.
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate worms. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several patterns (letters and numbers) so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
- Visual Discrimination - Visually discriminate the worms in terms of color, size and location on the pattern (position in space).
- Directionality - Starting on the left and moving right. A skill needed for reading and writing.
- Recognition - distinguish between different letters and numbers in order to read and write words.
Perfect for fun, home school, quiet time and small enough to take on-the-go!
This bag is an original copyright creation of Curious Minds Busy Bags LLC. You are more than welcome to recreate for personal use, or blog about this product, but you must give original credit and link back to Curious Minds Busy Bags LLC. YOU MAY NOT RECREATE OR MODIFY THIS ORIGINAL IDEA FOR COMMERCIAL USE.
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.
Custom orders are available, just send me a message!