Antarctica Montessori Animal Match - Miniature Animals with Matching Cards - 2 Part Cards. Montessori learning toy, language materials - Arctic Animals
This Montessori learning activity focuses on matching miniature animals to their matching realistic photo cards. Children lay out the cards and place the miniature animal on the matching picture. This activity is small enough to take with you and can be extended into pretend play with the mini animals.
Animals include: Killer Whale, Sperm Whale, Blue Whale, Humpback Whale, Antartic Fur Seal, Crabeater Seal, Emperor Penguin, Wandering Albatross, Chinstrap Penguin, Rockhopper Penguin.
What is Included:
- 10 miniature animals. (approx 2-3" long)
- 10 laminated cards professionally printed on 100# cardstock and laminated with 5 mil lamination. The cards are classroom tough. Cards are 2.6"x 2.5"
Matching Skill - Visual Discrimination:
This activity focuses on more advanced preschool matching. The objects are not an exact copy of the photo so children need to carefully observe details to match correctly. Children problem solve by looking at distinctive attributes that they can see on both the object and the photo. Usually, they will start by color and eliminate pictures that do not share the same color. They can also look at shapes, patterns, and details. They might ask themselves "what fish has spots?" or "which fish is long and skinny?". Most likely they will notice more than one fish with spots and have to look at another attribute. Recognizing these little details helps a child grow their category knowledge and learn new vocabulary!
Available Themes in other listings:
1. Safari Animals. Cheetah, Elephant, Gazelle, Giraffe, Gnu, Gorilla, Hippopotamus, Lion, Ostrich, Rhinoceros, Tiger, Zebra.
2. Sea Life - (14 Animals) - Crab, Lobster, Octopus, Penguin, Sea Lion, Starfish, Eel, Stingray, Jellyfish, Clam, Seal, Shark, Sea Turtle, and Dolphin.
3. Rainforest - Tapir, Lemur, Sloth, Tree Kangaroo, Sun Bear, Macaque Monkey, Zorilla, Kinkajou, Spotted Genet, Coati, Lynx and Koala.
4. Insects - 14 high quality/realistic miniature insects/bugs. (2"- 3" Long) Butterflies, grasshopper, centipede, spider, ant, fly, bee, grasshopper, praying mantis, scorpion, ladybug, caterpillar and fly.
5. Farm Animals - - 12 miniature realistic farm animals. (2"- 3" Long)
6. Pets - - 12 miniature realistic pet animals. (2"- 3" Long)
7. Dinosaurs - - 12 miniature realistic dinosaur figurines. (2"- 3" Long)
8. - Tropical Fish - 11 miniature tropical saltwater fish. (2"- 3" Long)
9. A-Z animals. This is a one of a kind alphabet learning activity. This activity has at least one animal for each letter of the alphabet! Children can learn about new and exotic animals while matching them to the correct beginning letter. This would be a perfect addition to any letter of the week lesson plan. - 53 miniature realistic animals. (Most 2"- 3" Long, 9 are TINY at about .5"-.75")
10. North American Animals - - 12 miniature realistic animals. (2"- 3" Long) Moose, river otter, bison, mountain lion, elk, grizzly bear, white wolf, raccoon, beaver, pronghorn buck, mountain goat and big horn ram.
11. Arctic Animals - 8 miniature realistic animals. (2"- 3" Long) Harp seal, arctic rabbit, beluga whale, walrus, polar bear, killer whale, caribou, arctic fox, husky
Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/buybusybags
Webpage at http://www.curiousmindsbusybags.com
Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/curiousmindsbag/
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.