Cute Fruit Mini Food Figurines Replicas - Math Counters, Sorting or Alphabet Objects, Playsets
These cute little figurines are adorable little fruit foods. They are perfect for pretend play, sorting or to use as math counters. These are also the perfect size to use as alphabet object miniatures.
Size - 1". Includes: Apple, banana, orange, pear, strawberry and lemon.
I have multiple sets of food characters including: dairy, frozen treats, fast food, sweets and holiday foods.
There is an option to get one of each of the 30 mini food characters. Perfect assortment for pretend play or alphabet objects.
Ways to use these in early math:
- Math manipulatives, or counters, are any small objects that kids can count or move around to help them work out simple math problems.
- Hands on way to learn math such as counting, adding, subtracting, making patterns and comparing numbers.
- For example, you could take the addition problem 3+2=? Have the students make a group of 3 foods and 2 of a different food. Then push them together and count your total.
- They are also great for showing the relationships among numbers. If you had a row of 10 counters and a row of 5 counters you can easily see that 10 is bigger than 5.
- You can use these as a hands-on way to teach basic story problems. For example, if Susie had 7 less foods than Chad, who had 10, how many did Susie have?
- Patterning. Use the counters to make simple patterns such as AB, ABC, ABBC etc.