Magnetic Color Sort Toy - Sort Colorful Paperclips on Matching Magnets
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Kids love magnets and all children like sorting. This activity aids in recognizing and sorting 6 common colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and pink) by offering several paperclips in the 6 colors and 6 matching magnets. Children stick the clips to the magnets, no sorting bowls or trays needed!
Color recognition is an important part of early childhood development and is often used in development milestone screening. Discerning between colors are one of the first ways that toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten children begin to categorize and describe what they see in their world. Noticing subtle attributes, such as color or shape, is a building block to reading and math.
- 6 strong rectangle magnets - 2 3/8" x 1 1/8" x 1/2" This is over a pound of magnet!
- An assortment of colorful paperclips
- A clear vinyl zipper storage bag
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination - Being able to drop the paperclips onto the magnets
- Color recognition – Kids need to recognize the differences in the colors in order to place them on the correct magnet.
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate and pick up the paperclips. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
This early childhood education material is perfect for the preschool or kindergarten classroom. This is a great activity for independent play at a learning station or Montessori tray. This is a great cognitive activity for those in therapy for brain injuries and dementia. Special education teachers and occupational therapists would also benefit from this adaptive sensory toy.