Color Sorting Set - Sorting Tray and Bright Durable Animals to Sort
This busy bag focuses on sorting cute animal manipulatives by color. You get a 10"L x 5.5"W sectioned tray that has 6 color marked compartments. (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) You also get a variety of colorful and durable animal manipulatives to sort and a pair of jumbo tweezers to add an additional challenge.
- One 10"x5.5" color coded sorting tray
- One jumbo pair of tweezers (4.75" long and 2" wide)
- 24 colorful animal manipulatives. (approx 1"-2" long) (Cow is 1.75" long x 1" wide, Duck is 1.25" long and .75" wide)
Sorting objects is an important skill for children because our world is organized into sensible groups or categories. These opportunities to sort items by like characteristics help young learners fine tune their visual discrimination skills to better observe how things are alike and
different, which are essential early literacy and math skills (Think subtle differences in letters such as a little i and a j).
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Color recognition – Kids need to recognize the differences in the colors to place the objects in the correct section of the tray. There are multiple variants of each color to increase difficulty.
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the objects. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Visual discrimination - preschoolers need to closely observe each object to be able to differentiate them and categorize them by like traits.