Color Sorting Buttons and Beads Set - Sorting Tray and Large Bright Buttons to Sort
This busy bag focuses on sorting large buttons and beads by color. You get a 10"L x 5.5"W sectioned tray that has 6 color marked compartments. (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) You also get a variety of colorful and durable plastic buttons and beads.
Color recognition is an important part of early childhood development and is often used in development milestone screening. Discerning between colors are one of the first ways that toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten children begin to categorize and describe what they see in their world. Noticing subtle attributes, such as color or shape, is a building block to reading and math. For example, when your child notices the similarities and differences in shapes, such as a square and a rectangle, they using the same skills needed to recognize the differences between letters, number, and symbols.
- One 10" x 5.5" color coded sorting tray
- 18 colorful jumbo buttons. (1 1/2" - 1 3/4") in an assortment of geometric shapes.
- 18 colorful plastic beads. (.75" - 1") in an assortment of shapes.
- One lace
Sorting objects is an important skill for children because our world is organized into sensible groups or categories. These opportunities to sort items by like characteristics help young learners fine tune their visual discrimination skills to better observe how things are alike and
different, which are essential early literacy and math skills (Think subtle differences in letters such as a little i and a j).
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Color recognition – Kids need to recognize the differences in the colors to place the objects in the correct section of the tray.
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the objects. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.