Wooden Buttons and Spools Lacing Toy - Fine Motor Wood Threading and Sorting Activity
This busy bag is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers who love to lace or sort. You get 20 large wooden colorful buttons, and 10 spools. The buttons are 1.5" and the spools are 1.25". Children can simply lace the large variety of buttons on the lace, or they can sort or lace by color. Older children can create patterns with the colors and shapes. They can take it apart and do it again and again, and is small enough to take with you while you are out and about. While they play they are strengthening their fine motor muscles while picking up and manipulating the buttons.
What is included:
- 20 Jumbo wood buttons. (1½" diameter)
- 10 Large wood spools (1¼" diameter).
- 2 - 24" cotton laces.
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination and spacial recognition. - Being able to line up the button holes and place them on the lace
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the buttons and spools. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several manipulatives for open-ended pretend play so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
- These make fun stacking blocks
-Great for sorting by color and by counting the number of holes on the buttons.
Curious Minds Busy Bags is dedicated to developing original kid-friendly learning activities for children to explore while building essential skills needed for school success. Parents, early childhood teachers and occupational therapists trust my learning activities in their home, school or homeschool classrooms. They are classroom-quality educational toys that promote independent play that builds essential skills. My activities are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and beneficial for individual who have special needs that need to be developed such as those with autism, sensory processing or dementia. My learning games and sensory toys have been enjoyed by children in daycares, Montessori schools, and early intervention classrooms!
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required. WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD—Small parts. Not for children under 3 years. Not suitable under 36 months due to length of laces.