Large Attribute Lacing Buttons Busy Bag - Perfect fine motor learning activity for toddlers and preschoolers. Sort by shape and color. Travel activity
This busy bag is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers who love to lace or sort. This is simply a fun and packable manipulative. You get 48 large plastic colorful buttons in 4 colors and 3 different shapes (circle, square, triangle). There are also 2 different sizes, and half the buttons have 2 holes and the other half have 4 holes.
The buttons are 2" and the smaller shape buttons are 1.5" long. Children can simply lace the large variety of buttons on the lace, or they can sort or lace by color or button shape. Older children can create patterns with the colors and shapes. They can take it apart and do it again and again, and is small enough to take with you while you are out and about. While they play they are strengthening their fine motor muscles while picking up and manipulating the buttons.
- Sort by color
- Sort by shape
- Sort by size
- Sort by number of holes on the buttons
- Create simple patterns such as AB, ABC, ABBC etc
What is included:
- 48 plastic buttons. 4 different colors and 3 different shapes. One of each color/shape combination. The buttons are 2" and the smaller ones are 1.5" long.
- 4 laces
- Plastic storage case. 6.5"x4.5"x2.75"
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination and spacial recognition. - Being able to line up the button holes and place them on the lace
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the buttons. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several manipulatives for open-ended pretend play so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
Curious Minds Busy Bags is dedicated to developing original kid-friendly learning activities for children to explore while building essential skills needed for school success. Parents, early childhood teachers and occupational therapists trust my learning activities in their home, school or homeschool classrooms. They are classroom-quality educational toys that promote independent play that builds essential skills. My activities are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and beneficial for individual who have special needs that need to be developed such as those with autism, sensory processing or dementia. My learning games and sensory toys have been enjoyed by children in daycares, Montessori schools, and early intervention classrooms!
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.