Fine Motor Craft - Foam Bead Flower or Alligator
This craft is a perfect fine motor exercise that is fun to do (you can even pop out the beads
Just pop out the perforated holes in the foam to add various colors of included pony beads for bursts of color. Do note that the beads come in a random assortment, so you may not be able to put the exact colors in the exact spot on the example flower on the package.
- Flower measures 8.125 inches in diameter.
- Alligator stands 4 inches tall.
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination and spacial recognition. - Being able to line up the bead holes and place beads in them,
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the beads. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several manipulatives for open-ended pretend play so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
Curious Minds Busy Bags is dedicated to developing original kid-friendly learning activities for children to explore while building essential skills needed for school success. Parents, early childhood teachers and occupational therapists trust my learning activities in their home, school or homeschool classrooms. They are classroom-quality educational toys that promote independent play that builds essential skills. My activities are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and beneficial for individual who have special needs that need to be developed such as those with autism, sensory processing or dementia. My learning games and sensory toys have been enjoyed by children in daycares, Montessori schools, and early intervention classrooms!
These bags contain small parts that may not be appropriate for children under the age of 3. Adult supervision is required.