BULK Large Lacing Buttons (one pound approx 96 buttons) Busy Bag - Perfect fine motor learning activity for toddlers and preschoolers. Sort by color and shape
This busy bag is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers who love to lace or sort. This is simply a pound of bright and colorful buttons.
- You get approximately 96 large plastic colorful buttons in a random assortment of colors and shapes. (1 pound bag)
- The bag includes 8 different colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink and black. It is a random assortment but the bags I tested get between 9-16 buttons of each color. Some colors have more than others.
- The buttons are large, 1 1/2" - 1 3/4".
Children can simply lace the large variety of buttons on a lace (not included), or they can sort or lace by color or button shape. Older children can create patterns with the colors and shapes. While they play they are strengthening their fine motor muscles while picking up and manipulating the buttons.
What is included in this set:
-1 pound of large plastic buttons. (approx 96 buttons)
What they are learning WHILE having fun:
- Hand/Eye coordination and spacial recognition. - Being able to line up the button holes and place them on the lace
- Fine motor - Practicing using fine motor pincer grasp in order to manipulate the buttons. Builds hand muscles and dexterity which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration. This activity utilizes several manipulatives for open-ended pretend play so it offers a great opportunity to sit and focus on a task before it is completed.
Curious Minds Busy Bags is dedicated to developing original kid-friendly learning activities for children to explore while building essential skills needed for school success. Parents, early childhood teachers and occupational therapists trust my learning activities in their home, school or homeschool classrooms. They are classroom-quality educational toys that promote independent play that builds essential skills. My activities are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and beneficial for individual who have special needs that need to be developed such as those with autism, sensory processing or dementia. My learning games and sensory toys have been enjoyed by children in daycares, Montessori schools, and early intervention classrooms!