72 Crayon and Marker Shaped Math Counters - Mini Counting Manipulatives - Color Sorting - Early Education - Teacher Supply
These cute little counters are plastic crayons and markers in 6 different colors. They are perfect manipulatives for color sorting. These are perfect for early math as well because they are perfect for patterning and counting! Set includes 72 counters.
- 72 Pieces
- Markers - 2.25"
- Crayons - 2" x .5"
- 6 Different colors
Ways to use these in early math:
- Math manipulatives, or counters, are any small objects that kids can count or move around to help them work out simple math problems.
- Hands on way to learn math such as counting, adding, subtracting, making patterns and comparing numbers.
- For example, you could take the addition problem 3+2=? Have the students make a group of 3 red crayons and 2 green crayons. Then push them together and count your total.
- They are also great for showing the relationships among numbers. If you had a row of 10 counters and a row of 5 counters you can easily see that 10 is bigger than 5.
- You can use these as a hands on way to teach basic story problems. For example, if Susie had 7 less markers than Chad, who had 10, how many did Susie have?
- Patterning. Use the counters to make simple patterns such as AB, ABC, ABBC etc. You could also pattern between crayons and markers!
- Perfect for Using as a measurement tool since the crayons are 2".